Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sunday Social!

Two posts in two days...I know what you're thinking.  Who took over Alyssa's blog because she never posts twice in a row since she got a big girl job and is crazy busy.  But yes, two posts.  I miss blogging and while I LOVE reading all of your blogs, I do miss the writing sometimes.  I've been feeling a bit under the weather for a few days and will probably have to see a doctor tomorrow if things don't improve (I'm not entirely sure what is going on but it seems to involve some insane reflux, which I NEVER have had before and some pain when I breathe so I should probably see a professional to figure out what's going on.)  Either way, I've had a lot of chill time today. I have the Super Bowl on in the background and had the Puppy Bowl on earlier.  It's been a lazy Sunday.  And it's my first time linking up for Sunday Social

1. If you were stuck on an island, what are two material items you would want to have? I would love to have my iPad so I could read books and play games to keep me from getting bored. And I'd totally need toilet paper. I'm a big ol' baby when it comes to bathroom-ing in non-bathroom situations, if ya know what I mean.

2. What are two TV shows you'd watch over and over? I'm a big TV person. Watching a movie is sometimes a little too long for my short attention span but an episode of a TV show is usually my perfect amount.  My two shows-definitely Boy Meets World (which I absolutely watch over and over again). I guess the other would be Castle.  I love when TNT has reruns on Wednesdays. But I also just love shows that were on when I was younger-I was totally born a few years to late for some of the best TV viewing.  What shows am I talking about: Will & Grace, Friends, Frasier, and the Nanny are some of my faves.

3. If your house was on fire what two things aside from family, pets, etc would you grab?
My stuffed animals (which I'm counting as one thing) because they are what I sleep with and I can't sleep well without them. If I was displaced from my home, I'd need that bit of comfort. Yes, I'm 5 years old.
So I just sat here for 15 minutes trying to think of what my other item would be.  I guess that means that everything is pretty much replaceable and if it's not, well it doesn't matter. I thought about taking the unique art that I have from Lancaster, artist friends, and my small adventures.  But it doesn't matter that much to me. I thought about my diploma but they could always reprint that if it was destroyed.  I thought through everything I could think of.  Ultimately, I came to the conclusion that if it was possible (as in I had enough time and professional movers), I would want to take the hutch that is in my dining room.  It belonged to my best friend Sarah's family (not sure which member but it goes back fairly far). She brought it to our house that we shared in college.  When it was time to move, her family didn't have room for it anymore and since she wasa moving to SC, she couldn't really take it along.  So she gave it to me.  It holds memories of our time in college as well as the knowledge that it connects me to her family.  But it's freaking heavy so I'd need time/movers to save it.

4. What are your two most favorite articles of clothing? This is hard! I have a lot of outfits that I love. I'm going to go with my brown Old Navy grandpa sweater because it is my go-to snuggly sweater. My other favorite item are the Gap Body pants that I'm wearing right now.  They are like ultra-soft yoga pants.  I live in them evenings/weekends. They aren't like fashionable necessarily but they are crazy comfy. (If I can pick a 3rd article, I'd pick my new Gap jeans because they are the smallest size I've ever been! Exciting!)

 
5. What two movies that you saw in the past year would you recommend to us? At first I was thinking that this question meant in the movie theatre.  I've only seen two movies in the theatres this past year that I can remember to see Brave & Wreck-It Ralph.  I recommend both.  I loved Brave and it was truly a Disney movie with all the beauty that you could ever expect.  But Wreck-It Ralph is more of a movie for everyone! Aaron loved it and I loved it.  The characters are totally endearing and likeable and the story is wonderful.  A movie that I saw but not in theatres that I totally recommend is The Untouchables.  It was made in the late 80's so it's not new by any means but it is fantastic and a great story about Al Capone and the team who brought him down! I now have a crush on Kevin Costner as he was in that movie.

6. What are your two biggest guilty pleasures? Diet Coke. Pillsbury Holiday Sugar Cookies (the ones with the image "printed" on the cookie)  

This was fun! Looking forward to reading what others post!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment