Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sunday Social-Memories

So I think I've done the Social Sunday Link-Up one other time, but this week's was a must.  Because it is time to take it back...to the days of middle & high school.  Yes, there will be pictures. And it will be embarassing!



1. Biggest Middle school fashion mistake: So in 7th grade, I grew my bangs out for the first time in my whole life.  And when it was slow going, I would twist my bang into two little twists and pin them up with BUTTERFLY CLIPS. Yes, I did. I also had glasses & braces at the same time.

2. Who were your best friends in hs? My best friends for most of high school for the following people:

Amanda, Kim, Sam, Krystie, and myself- we became friends through band and were in most of the same classes together.

Andrew (obviously the boy in this picture) was one of my best friends since middle school (that's his girlfriend Kayleen with us in the picture)

And then there's Terri who I was friends with throughout most of high school as well. (This was from Junior Prom)

3. What was a typical weekend like for you in hs? I was in the marching band so Friday nights we were at the football games and Saturday we had competitions.  So basically, I was a slave to the band through the fall and then in the spring, I did indoor drumline or jazz band so I was always busy. :)



4. Did you have any boyfriends/girlfriends?
10th grade-TJ
 
12th grade- Mike
 
5. Did you have any secret codes with your friends? Spill your secrets! I'm sure we did.  We loved AIM, writing notes, and I'm sure there were codes.  There definitely codes for talking about people who we thought were attractive. 

6. If you could relive one day/moment/experience from middle school or high school, what would it be? Easy peasy- Thanksgiving Day football game, my senior year.

Every year, our football team plays our rivals, Quakertown.  Senior year, I was the drum major and the weather was beautiful (normally it snowed!).  My whole family came, with pom-poms, and embarassed the heck out of me.  But we played the whole time, enjoyed one last performance, and watched the last football game of my high school years.  It was my favorite moment of high school. 

In the process of trying to find other pictures (and I know they exist, but not digitally) I pulled up my old XANGA!  Did anyone have one?  It was totally early, old-school blogging.  And mine was awful. I was whiny and annoying.  I can't believe people commented on that stuff.  I'm glad I never deleted it so I can reminisce about the disaster that it was.  But whoa-I hope that never resurfaces!

And since I didn't have any of the really awkward photos from middle school, here's a doozy from high school.  Yup-I'm a glutton for embarassment.
You're welcome.

1 comment:

  1. I think we were all a slave to the twist with butterfly clips, right? I also did corn rows when my school wen through a phase where it was "the cool thing." I have to say though, your pictures from high school seem very mild in embarrassment compared to mine! I don't ever (EVER) show them to ANYONE!! :) haha!

    ReplyDelete