Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Celebrating!

So the past week has been full of celebration! Why you may ask?  Well it just so happens it was my 23rd birthday on Thursday. So in honor of my birthday (and then my mom's birthday which was on Saturday) it has been a week of wonderful things.  Here's a little bit of what was going on in my birthday world.

Thursday (aka the best day ever because I was born)
I went to work and everyone there was so sweet to wish me a happy birthday and shower me with cards, gifts, and lots of love.  I received these gorgeous flowers from my parents.
 
 
After work, I went to Aaron's and he cooked a delicious dinner for us of steak, macaroni & cheese, and green beans. We had planned to go to a Christmas light show but it was outdoors and it was cold.  I decided I'd rather be toasty warm on my birthday so Aaron made a fire and we finished watching Polar Express because it was on tv. It was a lovely, lovely day.  Simple, no frills, but lovely.

Friday (aka there's now 364 to my birthday-boo)
The work celebration continued by going out to lunch to celebrate my birthday and Simi's (who is in my office) birthday which was on Tuesday.  We went to this great pizza place and had a blast with the Sales/Marketing team. After work, I met Aaron and his family for dinner at Cracker Barrel and then they finally got to come see Jonah.  It was a great show (as usual!) and it was wonderful to share my job with them.
 
Saturday
 To celebrate both of our birthdays, I got Mom and I tickets to the American Music Theatre's Christmas Show.  We went last year and it was wonderful.  She came to my apartment first and we did birthday gifts!

 
After we did presents (I got other things prior to my birthday so please don't think I was lacking in the present department!), we headed to Sight & Sound to see the pre-Jonah Christmas Show in the lobby.  Unfortunately, the audio wasn't working so we didn't get to see it.  We went to pick up the tickets for our 3:00 show at AMT and then went for lunch.  We ran into Loft Outlet which was nearby and found me a great outfit for my upcoming Christmas parties. Then it was show time.  We had a blast!
 
Monday
The Sight & Sound Christmas Party! Aaron and I were invited to the Christmas Party for my company.  We got all dressed up and joined a TON of the employees at S&S for a huge dinner (a local smorgasboard hosted us all) and some entertainment.  We had a great time and Aaron finally got to meet the wonderful people I work with. It was a fun night!
 
 
So yeah-it's been a busy few days.  I'm thankful to be laying on my couch, watching Home Alone (I've been streaming Christmas movies pretty much non-stop since Thanksgiving), blogging, and eventually reading the December issue of Martha Stewart Living. Hoping you all are gearing up for the holidays and having a merry and bright week ahead.
 
 

1 comment: