Saturday, October 27, 2012

A Little Fall Post

Oh what a long time it has been since I have blogged. I am amazed at how busy I've been lately. I've been at Sight & Sound for a little over a month.  And as of this week, I am no longer nannying.  I tried for several weeks to balance both jobs, but working both pushed me over 40 hours and watching a kid does not provide easy hours.  So I had to tell the sweet family that I could no longer work for them.  I stayed until they found a new nanny and she seems sweet.  I definitely miss my little Nola girl though.  I miss our walks and cuddles.
 
But I am in a much better places mentally and physically working one job.  I have time to clean, cook healthy food, catch up with friends, and focus on work for my church which kind of took a back seat.  Since I last wrote, I've been soaking up LOADS of fall fun.  Here's a peak....

1. I've made many mugs of hot cider.
2. I've made two apple pies.
3. I've watched all of the Halloweentown movies...some more than once.  Ok ok-some three times.  They are just my level of Halloween and they are great background noise!
4. I've also watched The Haunted Mansion, Tower of Terror, part of Beetlejuice, and part of Hocus Pocus.  I've never been THIS into Halloween before.  But only the tame kind of fun.
5. I've put together the best Halloween costume for the kids party tomorrow at my church.  I may or may not be a fiery red-headed Princess.  All I need is my bow and error.
6. I've worn my boots and scarves and sweaters to their fullest extent.
7. I've hung out with a bunch of apples, hicks, and a pretty cute guy I know.



8. I've seen market all decked out for fall with so many yummy breakfast goodies.
9. I've made pumpkin chili for a chili cook-off at work.
10. I've walked in the cool crisp air to market and church and felt so thankful for where I live.

So that's just a taste of what I've been up to.  I am going to Aaron's tonight.  We are heading to an orchard to pick pumpkins and then it's carving time for us.  Tomorrow is the church Halloween party with games, snacks, and costumes for the little ones (and the bigger ones too!)  And then, barring Hurricane Sandy's fury, I'll be helping hand out candy on Wednesday with my friend Liz and her two pups. What fall fun have you been able to enjoy?!

No comments:

Post a Comment