Sunday, September 9, 2012

Things I Have Learned

So this past week was a weird one for me.  It was my first week not working full-time. It was my first week working part-time.  It was my first week as a nanny.  It was my first week being able to sleep in each morning (not that I could sleep past my normal wake-up time). And let me tell ya- I learned a lot in this first week of weird.  Because it was so gosh darn different and strange, I feel like I'm a different person just in this week.  Here's what I've learned.

1. Children are hard work. They require a lot of attention and a lot of love. I'm prepared to give those things to sweet little Nola, but sheesh- she wears me out by the end of the day.

2. Walking through this town is safe.  But there are creepy people.  I need to improve my ability to get out of such situations talking with creepy people.

3. I have enjoyed digging in my memories for children's music.  There are some classic songs that are now part of my repertoire yet again. And thank you Toddler Pandora for keeping Nola (and I) singing.

4. Yoga is amazing. It is relaxing and therapeutic.  And makes me incredibly stiff.

5. Lunch outside is better than lunch inside any day.  Especially when that lunch is a delicious sandwich with tomato, basil, mozzerella cheese, and turkey on a baguette.

6. I need to find a job for the morning.  I like sleeping in but I am way too restless.

7. I sometimes talk to Nola like she's my dog.  Because she often does things that the dog would do- like play with her squeaky ball.

8. I'm officially an old woman because I planned and executed my first church potluck today.  And there was an abundance of food and friends. It was truly a success and I can't believe I pulled it off.

9. I'm also old because potluck day is one of my favorite days of the year.

10. The crock pot is an incredible tool.  Fall means I'll be using my little guy to make soups and stews and good food. Who's coming for dinner?

11. My family is the best. I went home for only 24 hours but it was perfect.  My parents fed me, allowed me to add a few of my own groceries, and grab a few paper goods from their stock.  Oh yes, and just love me too.

12. The laundromat is the bomb. I can finish ALL of my laundry in under 2 hours.

13. I could eat pizza everyday.  I ate it 3 days out of 7 this week. Don't judge me.

Ok-well there's some of what I learned this week.  I'm sorry that I haven't been a great blogger this past week.  I'm hoping to blog a lot more this week now that I'm a little bit more adjusted.  Lots of love to you bloggers. I hope that you're doing well. 

1 comment:

  1. You are not lying. I was a nanny for many years. EXHAUSTING. But fun. :)

    Toddler Pandora - must keep that in mind for my future little ones!

    ReplyDelete