Monday, September 3, 2012

A Perfect Labor Day Weekend

I think that the media can give us a false sense of what our holidays are supposed to look like.  When I think of Labor Day, this last hurrah of summer, I think of time spent on a boat with family, followed by a delicious grilled meal and ending with fireworks.  That's what I picture because that is what movies, tv, magazines, and even some blogs show. And while that is what I see when I think of Labor Day, that is absolutely not what I did for this holiday.

Aaron and I had the most lazy and lovely weekend.  Some days you just need to plop on the couch and watch tv.  And that is what we did.  Friday we had steaks on the grill and fresh corn on the cob. We then watched some tv. Saturday we went to a local pool for the afternoon.  It was really lovely to just chill out in the water and enjoy the gorgeous weather.


Yesterday was church and then a whole lot of laying in bed relaxing. It was so needed.  I went over to Aaron's in the evening for a frozen pizza and smores...on the gas stove.  No joke.  It was raining out so a fire wasn't really in the works.  But smores are worth it so we used the gas stove.  And ya know what-they were PERFECT!

Today we started off with breakfast at Cracker Barrel (hello French toast!) and then I worked for a few hours watching this sweet pea.

This is my first week not working at Millersville and working with the little girl above.  It's the first week without a really firm schedule but is more flexible. It's going to be a weird week.  Please just send a little good mojo my way.  

I hope y'all had a lovely weekend doing everything or nothing that you thought of for Labor Day. 

1 comment:

  1. Aww! Sounds like such a nice weekend! Hope this weekend is just as relaxing! xoxox

    ReplyDelete