Friday, August 31, 2012

Fill In the Blank Friday


I've occasionally participated in Fill in the Blank Friday but not in awhile.  I saw it linked on my blog feed and LOVED the prompts for this end of summer weekend that I had to join in.  Head on over and link up too!



1.  Over this labor day weekend I will be   hanging out with my boyfriend, going to the pool, maybe going for a bike ride, hitting up the farmers market, and grilling out.  Simple beautiful moments for this weekend.

2.  With the political debates going on right now, my thoughts are  that my political platform would look like this: Everyone will not be happy at the same time.  So we each need to give a little.  And by give a little, I mean let's just love more. 

3.  Today  is my last day working at a job I have loved for 3 years. I can't believe it's done. I never could visualize the day that I would be done here, but now it's arrived.  I shed a few tears before I got to work this morning. I brought cake and presents and cards to say thank you.  These people are one of the biggest influences on who I am today.  It's bittersweet, my friends.
4. The best thing I've cooked recently was   the panzanella I make like every week now.  Or the cakes I made for this morning.  They are pretty tasty.

5. The last thing I bought was  groceries. But as far as something fun, I bought a cute sign at Michael's recently! It has an owl on it. I'm a sucker for owls.

6. The best movie I saw this summer was Hands down- Brave! I love Disney and I love Merida and all of her spunk.  I even have a Brave lunch bag (from Subway!), a Brave coloring book, a Brave search & find book, and my picture with the Princess down in Disney on her FIRST day at the park.  


7.  The best book I read this summer was  I have read so much this summer. It has been wonderful.  I read probably 5 chick lit books on my iPad this summer (including a great one called Recipes for a Perfect Marriage.) But I've also read a ton of non-fiction books about Disney World. And the best one was called 

The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World: Over 600 Secrets of the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom. So dang good.  It's a book I'll take with me next time so I can walk around and find fun little hidden gems. 


Ah yes, so it's the end of summer. I'm in mourning.  But I sure do love fall so the mourning period will be short lived.  I'm ready for jeans, sweaters, scarves, boots, hot chocolate, Renaissance Faire, apple festivals, pumpkins and so much more.  Happy Labor Day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment