Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Moment You've all Been Waiting for...

An UPDATE! From May happenings. Yes, I know. It's July 1st (how the heck did we get here?!) So I thought I'd finally do a little graduation post! 

On May 12, 2012, I graduated from Millersville University with a B.A. in English.  And it was truly one of the best days of my life. I'm the first in my house to graduate from college so the four years I spent at MU were new to me.  But I have loved every second and every person I've met along the way has influenced this experience. Senior year was hard! I had to write a thesis and I faced a bunch of challenges with accomplishing a passed thesis defense.  But I made it to May 2012 and my most beloved ones were there to see it all happen.  

My roomates & I took pictures around campus a few days before graduation so we made sure to get the pictures we wanted.  These girls have been on this journey with me since day one.  And I'm thankful for that! 



On the actual day of graduation, I headed to our gym to get in line for the big procession.  And then it all began. 


The ceremony was fine.  A little long and really hot, but getting to walk across that stage was a huge moment.

{That's me! Walking down the steps}

And then after the whole shindig, I got to hang out with my family and friends.

After the whole ceremony, we came back to show everyone my new apartment and then went out for an amazing lunch at Iron Hill Brewery.  Because it's close to Franklin & Marshall, they were having a special- a free dessert for ANY graduates!  Woohoo. 

So that was my special day.  And it was so special.  It was one of the happiest days of my life and I feel such a sense of pride and joy for my time at Millersville. 

No comments:

Post a Comment