Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Talk about a goal

So numero uno on the old goal list of 2011 is "set healthy eating and exercise habits and stick to them." 

As mentioned in my January 18th post that I joined Planet Fitness.  I'm going, though it's definitely a bigger challenge when I'm at school. My free time is just so very precious that giving it over to a treadmill is not my idea of fun.  However, I'm working hard to get there during the week. 

The PF here is good, but it's not like the original one I joined.  But a gym is a gym is a gym for my life right now and that's fine.

But...(cue dramatic music) I made a HUGE suggestion to my mom the other day in this whole healthy lifestyle journey thing. 

So my mom sent me this video about a guy named Ben who turned his life around and does all sorts of crazy running things now. (He's adorable too!) I looked into his blog (http://bendoeslife.tumblr.com/) and it turns out that it is awesome! 

He is planning a cross-country tour with 5K runs along the way.  And he's coming to Philadelphia. 

And (drumroollllll...) I decided that my mom and I are going to run a 5K this summer with Ben's crew.

Yes. And now that it's on this blog, I guess it's official.  Which means I better get myself in shape.  I can't run a diddly and I will need to run 3.1 miles. YIKES! 

1 comment: