Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

This past weekend truly ranks in the top weekends of my life. Yes, it was that good!

Thursday
Got to host a cupcake contest at work. A friend and I made cupcakes the night before that I entered into the contest, though they did not win. My mom then picked me up after work and we headed down to Bowie, MD. We had dinner at a weird little brewery with AMAZING food. We had a crab dip pretzel that I'm still thinking about. My cousin Danica came to stay with us at our hotel that night and we laughed until we cried.


Friday
Friday I got to see my cousin graduate from the Naval Academy.  It was one of the most patriotic things I have ever gotten to experience and something I will never forget. I got to see 1047 Naval and Marine Corps graduates get commissioned to serve our country. My cousin was in the top 10% of the class which is such an honor and we are so proud of her.  It was an incredible celebration, but the weather was rough! Her commencement speaker- President Obama! Talk about a cool experience. His speech was so moving and I am so fortunate to have attended.
 
{That's Obama on the screen!}
 


Saturday
After market and hanging around Lancaster for awhile, I headed to York to meet up with my dear friend and mentor Jacquie and her family. I met them and we made smores at Scott's parents house then we drove down to their house in MD. It was such a lovely break from my Lancaster life.
 
Sunday
We ate breakfast all together at an awesome cafe then metroed to DC. We went to the National Zoo and it was the most beautiful day. We walked around and looked at animals. Then we got ice cream. For lunch. With sprinkles. It was such a perfect moment.
 




Monday
Memorial Day started off by me sleeping in which was truly the lovliest thing. My best friend and I got coffee down the street at my favorite cafe, then we watched a movie. We walked down for lunch at one of the few spots that was open for the holiday.  Then we went to the mall and finished out the night with her fiance and two of his friends at $1 Taco Night and washed it down for Carmen & David's ice cream. I can't imagine a nicer day. I can't imagine it feeling more like a day off.

I hope that you all had a lovely holiday and were able to take a break, take a breath, and take a moment to remember the sacrifice of the day.
 

2 comments:

  1. I love a good long weekend! Yours sounds absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is funny that the most unlikely places often have the best food. I have never been to the national zoo but it is supposed to be amazing. Memorial Day is one of the most important days of the year in America. Anyone who is willing to sacrifice their time and energy in service of their country is a hero.


    http://online-phd-uk.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete