Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I'm an Award Winner

Yes, you read that correct.  I was awarded the Liebster Award by the lovely Ashley over at A Mess of Beautiful Chaos! (Thanks chicklet!) 


Here's the deal- the Liebster is presented to bloggers with less than 200 followers.  It's a way for us girls to support one another and spread the love through the blog world! The rules are as follows...


1. post eleven things about yourself
2. answer the questions the tagger set for you
3. choose eleven upcoming bloggers and link them in your post
4. make eleven new questions for them to answer
5. go to their blog and let them know you've nominated them
6. no tag backs


So here's my 11 things...
1. I am more of a blog reader than a blog writer. I absolutely love reading what all of you are up to and what you're making on etsy.  I feel connections to bloggers and have even dreamt about some of y'all.  

2. I am addicted to Kozy Shack chocolate pudding. With Reddi-whip on top. I love to have a little cup at the end of the day.  It's so delicious. Don't judge-just go and buy some. 

3. I love ABC Family shows- Pretty Little Liars, Bunheads, Jane by Design, and my current addiction, Beverly Hills Nannies. I'm sad because PLL's finale is next week, Bunheads & JBD are already over for the season, and Nannies is about halfway through.  I'll need to find some new shows. 

4. I have such a big closet for my clothes that I have had to buy tons of hangers. Because I can hang THAT much stuff. 



5. I am in love with the Papa John's garlic sauce.  It's the reason why I always order Papa John's when I can.  Like tonight.  And if I'm with a friend who loves the sauce as much as I do, I ask them to give us another sauce. Because I can finish a whole container by myself. 

6. I wish I had a dog.  I'll have to settle for watching these crazy boys! 

7. I LOVE unique art. I love local art. I have a whole area that has letterpress prints about Lancaster as well as three prints from a local arts featuring places around town.  It just makes me so happy.  So if y'all know of cool, cheap, unique art (from your home or just one you know of), let me know!


8. I love funky types & numbers.  I think that the obsession with words and type comes from my years as an English major. 

9. This is my first year in 17 years without a first day of school.  I'm in mourning.  

10. Because of #9, I started looking into grad schools and programs today.  It was both exciting and overwhelming. 

11. I'm excited to connect with more bloggers so email me/leave me a comment & let me know all about ya! 

Whew...onto the pre-scripted 11 questions...

1. Where were you born?
I was born in Sellersville, PA in December of 1989. I'm a winter baby. 

2. Daddy's girl or Mamma's little lady?
Both. :) I have a half-sister but I consider myself an only child since I was raised without any siblings in the house.  Because of that, I am extremely close with my parents.  But if I had to pick, I'd pick a Mama's girl.  My mom is my best friend. 

3. Favorite place to shop?
If I had to pick one place to shop for clothes, I'd say Gap Outlet. I love Gap's clothes but they are too expensive. If we're talking general store, Target. It's a trap.

4. Favorite pair of shoes?
That's hard. I love shoes.  I love Tom's and I have a ton of them.  My gray ones are my favorite! But my favorite pair of dress shoes would be either my BCBG nude pumps or my Bandolino black/white heels. Both are gorgeous! 

5. Favorite childhood pet?
I've loved all of my pets. I had fish when I was little, then a guinea pig named Muffin.  She was my first real pet so I have a soft spot for her.  Max was our sweet German Shepherd and my first dog so he has a sweet spot in my heart.  And after Max died suddenly, we got Faith.  Faith and I had some trying times for the first year because I was still mourning the loss of Max.  But Faith is now the sweet face that greets me when I go home. I love them all dearly. 

6. Who was/is your childhood best friend?
I had a few best friends.  First grade through third grade- Allison. Fourth grade-Jen. Fifth-Sixth grade- Christina & Allison. 
The cool part- Christina, who has been my friend since first grade, went to college with me.  She's still one of my besties and is starting teaching this fall! 

7. Hardest lesson you ever learned?
Never let someone put down the people you love most. Especially when those loved ones are your family. 

8. Favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving or Christmas.  They both surround my birthday and are full of happy smells, delicious foods, my family, and the holidays.  I am feeling warm and snuggly just thinking about it. 

9. If you could be any animal what would you choose?
I would be a dog I think. They are loyal and loving.  I thought of other animals but I came back to a dog. 

10. Your favorite blog of any size and why?
It will change your life.  It changes mine.  Mara and Danny are the sweetest people and offer amazing advice for simply loving more. 

11. What was your first car?
My first, and current, car is an Infiniti I35.  I bought it from my "aunt" Susan. And I love it. It has a steering wheel heater.  It is the greatest thing ever. 

And now for the winners of the Liebster Blog Award...
{That's all of the under 200 that I follow so here are a few more rad blogs!)

Here's my questions for these lovely ladies...
1. What's your favorite color of nail polish?
2. What is your favorite job you've ever had?
3. Are you a city girl or a country girl?
4. Are you a coffee drinker and if so, what's your drink of choice?
5. If you could travel anywhere in this big old world, where would ya go?
6. What song is stuck in your head right now?
7. Happiest moment of the past week?
8. Favorite Disney movie?
9. What's your favorite restaurant?
10. What book are you reading right now?
11. What is the greatest dream in your heart?

So there you have it.  A super long blog post full of more than you ever wanted to know.  

love ya dudes!



5 comments:

  1. :) Love your blog!

    From ville to ville!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my brother is just starting grad school and i am insanely jealous... i miss the anticipation of learning new things and being challenged, meeting professors, that fresh smell of new books and school supplies, love it all.

    good luck searching through programs!

    http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the awards! What a fun way to get to know you a little better! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the award!! So kind of you!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey chica so I was telling your momt he other day that you inspired me to finally start my own blog with my roomates and I was able to grasp some knowledge of the bloggin world from you! so thanks! Its been fun reading you blog! Hope all is well and the supplements are treating you to a good and happy life ; )

    ReplyDelete