Monday, February 13, 2012

Dear Monday 02.13.12

It's a Monday.  And a kind of ugh-y one at that.  So to the Dear Monday link I go...
Dear Monday
I have been dreading you since Friday.  True story.  I just do not feel prepared mentally for this week.  Mostly because last week was easy breezy and I had fewer classes and my mama visited and I had big weekend plans with the boyfriend.  And this week I have to go to all my classes, my mama isn't visiting, and the weekend might be low-key (which is totally ok.)  Either way...you kind of just stink today.

Dear Mama Pajama
Thanks for coming to visit me on Friday.  I loved taking off work, showing you my internship office, getting so much delicious produce for $20 at Market, eating a yumm-o lunch, and shopping.  I missed you as soon as you left.  You should just move out here (Dad and the dog can come along too.)

Dear Cold Weather
I don't care what that large, over-flated egoist rodent said-I DON'T WANT MORE WINTER.  It's too cold, my hair is way staticky, I'm getting mucho electric shocks every time I move, and my skin has seen better days.  Please warm up...like now.

Dear Gluten-Free Flatbreads
You are delicious.  Thank you for not tasting like freezer burn or plastic. 

Dear Valentine's Chex Mix
Thanks to an awesome Pinterest find, you stole the show of the church fellowship hour.  Congrats and thanks for not treating me too badly for ingesting some of your sugary (but still gluten-free) goodness yesterday. (okay-and today after lunch)

Dear My Very Own Chip
Thank you for taking me to the Dutch Apple Dinner Theatre on Saturday to see "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee."  I'm glad you loved the show-you're definitely the nerdy, hardworking (boy scout duh!) Chip...minus ya know that one song he sings about his unfortunate...yeah I'll let that one go.  I loved that we played our own spelling bee with my iPhone before the show started and loved that you picked me up at the door because it was icy.  What did I do to deserve you?  I don't know.  But I sure do love you.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, Aaron sounds like he's super sweet! Well played. I think my favorite song in 25th APCSB is "I'm Not That Smart." So funny.

    Sorry about the cold weather! I think y'all are sending some down our way 'cuz it's been mighty cold (for Texas standards!) here lately! I want our 70 degree January days back!

    Happy Monday Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who's hair stands on end yet sticks to my face at the same time during the winter. I HATE STATIC! And Valentine's Chex sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete