Monday, July 18, 2011

I WANT TO GO BACK!

Yes that was me yelling my title. Sorry. But seriously, I want to go back to the beach. Like.uh.now.
Because it was such a great weekend.  Usually I find weekends zoom by and suddenly it's Monday and I'm sad. But this weekend went back at the most perfect pace.

There were adventures of course.  Our 5 hour drive turned into a 9 hour one with all the traffic.  Needless to say, Aaron and I started to get a little goofy on the car ride.  He was the best travelling companion I could ask for.
We decided after who knows how long to stop for dinner.  We stopped at Willie's BBQ in the middle of Somewhere Tiny, VA.  Clearly not the real name, but it was a tiny little town.  And Willie's didn't disappoint. So good!
But when we finally got to Hampton, we pretty much passed out immediately.  But the next morning we were ready for the beach.  We drove over to Virginia Beach and it was such a perfect day! 
I love this guy! We had such a wonderful weekend.  We weren't on any schedule. We went to the beach. We went to the pool.  Aaron's brother made some amazing food for us. We got to laugh and relax. It was perfection! Oh and we played mini-golf thanks to my mom who gave us money to go out! 

And yes, we embraced our inner pirates all day long. 


Any beach adventures in your summer plans?

Lots of love from me to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment