Sunday, April 17, 2011

Anger in the Temple, Love from the Cross

So today was kind of a big day for me.  While I am still an active member of my home church, I really missed that type of worship atmosphere while at school. And today, I became a member of a new church!  I love it-I love the worship, the church building, and especially the pastor and the congregation.  It was a wonderful service today, which included new member vows and getting some lovely gifts (loaf of bread, coffee mug, apron, and a devotional book for new members). Afterwards, members went to Annie Bailey's (delicious Irish pub!) for lunch.  It was a beautiful day.

I'm looking forward to Holy Week as well.  I love Christmas and all that jazz, but Holy Week is always a time for me to reflect inwardly on my relationship with God.  I am looking forward to being involved this week at church, both in worship services and serving a community meal on Tuesday. 

God has truly blessed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment