Thursday, September 8, 2011

Now Back to Your Regularly Schedule Programming

Is it just me or is anyone else completely thrown off by the whole shortened week dealio?  Well if not, let me just tell you about my ultra shortened week, giving me even more thrown off vibes.

1. I was home this weekend with my wonderful family and sweet boyfriend.  I will be devoting an entire blog post to that adventure.  It was just delightful.  Stay tuned tomorrow! 

2. Monday- Aaron was a lazy bum around my house til the afternoon so I was working on getting cleaned up, caught up, and read up for back to school on Tuesday.  At night, my roomates and I went our for our yearly "roomate dinner" to Macaroni Grill who was kindly having a Buy 1 Entree, Get 1 Free deal.  We had a great time. 

3. Tuesday-Class as normal, however the makings of a cold have entered my life.  I'm sniffly/coughy all day.  I head to Aaron's in the evening and need some Starbucks Hot Chocolate to save the day.

3. Wednesday- oh Wednesday.  I woke up and before the eyes even opened, my head was pounding.  Not like "oh Lordy I need me some Advil and I'll be good to go" headache.  Like the "I want my mommy, or to throw up, or someone to knock me out for a few days so I don't have to deal with it" kind. Luckily, I don't start anything until 12 on Wednesdays.  However, when my normal "crazy killer headache" medicine didn't do a darn thing, I got worried.  And more nauseous.  So I called out of my shift at work that would have been from 12-2.  I had a meeting at 2:15 that I managed to drag myself to.  But on the way, I called my campus health services.  They told me to come on in at 2:45.  I drudged through my meeting and then had the lovely folks at Health Services give me {free-of-charge} Sudafed and Ibuprofen...to be taken every six hours.  I came home, watched Modern Marvels: Disney World until I had to pull it together for night class.  Didn't go to the class before that (from 4-5:15).  But I was better for night class...praises be.

4. Today I was awakened at 7:15 by my college's text message alert system telling me school was closed due to crazy flooding in the surrounding areas. 

5. I have NOTHING ever scheduled on a Friday to do homework/write a thesis (ICK) and catch up on whatever else I may need to do {read:sleep}

Moral of the above ramblings...I basically have a 1 day week.  Well 1 and a 3 hour night class week.  It's weird.  I'm going to get a lot done I think.  Hope you all are thriving or surviving.  And those of y'all in the Northeast, stay safe with the flood waters. 



No comments:

Post a Comment